Cordless finish nailers are different to most standard finish nailers, as they are battery operated as opposed to pneumatic.
The best cordless finish nailer on the market at the moment in our opinion belongs to DeWalt, but Paslode also produce a good cordless finish nail gun.
For those who don’t know what a finish nailer is – it is a nail gun that is in the same group as a brad nailer and pin nailer.
They all belong to a group of nail guns that are used for finishing activities like installing baseboards, trim, shoe & crown molding, & more.
Finish nailer in particular usually shoot 15 or 16 gauge nails – the thickest of the group.
Let’s have a look at the best cordless finish nail gun on the market at the moment …
(*Friendly Disclosure – links to retailers or brands on this page may include affiliate links, and we may receive a commission when you purchase through these links)
Top Rated Cordless Finish Nailer List
Best Cordless Finish Nailer:
Best Cordless Finish Nailer: Reviews
DCN660D1 20V Cordless 16 Gauge Finish Nailer Kit
What’s Good About This Finish Nailer?
- Cordless and portable – don’t need to spend money on an air compressor or have to worry about an air hose
- Shoots 16GA 20 degree finish nails 1-1/4″ to 2-1/2″ lengths
- Shoots 800 nails per charge
- Good for strong fixings for finishing tasks – designed for baseboard, crown molding, casing and decorative trim installation
- Has a 20V MAX* 2.0Ah Battery
- 20 degree magazine angle – good for getting the gun into awkward wall and ceiling angles
- Has the ability to set nails in 3/4 inch hardwood
- Lights which light up the workspace, and provide tool feedback
- Tool free stall release lever – in the event of tool stalling
- Tool free nail jam release
- Tool free nail depth setting – good for countersinking nails
- No mar tip – so you don’t mark your crown molding
- Belt hook – good when you are up in the air or moving around to hold the tool on your belt
- Two nail actuation modes – 1. sequential (for precision) and 2. speed/production mode
- Compatible with all DeWalt 20 volt batteries
- 110 nail capacity
- Kit includes tool, charger, battery, and plastic carry case
NOTE: this is the updated version of the older 18V Battery Cordless DeWalt
What Are Some Potential Improvements?
- Not for the largest baseboards and crown moldings > use a 15 gauge finish nailer for that or air nailer
- 5.2 lbs weight – not light, but not super heavy
- Not a cheap tool
What Else Might I Need With This Finish Nailer?
1.5 Inch 20 Degree 16 Gauge Nails – DEWALT DCA16150 1-1/2-Inch by 16 Gauge 20-Degree Finish Nail (on Amazon)
2.5 Inch 20 Degree 16 Gauge Nails – DEWALT DCA16250 2-1/2-Inch by 16 Gauge 20-Degree Finish Nail (on Amazon)
Where To Check Out This Finish Nailer?
Best Cordless Finish Nailer: Buyer’s Guide & FAQ
What Is A Cordless Finish Nail Gun?
A cordless finish nail gun is a nail gun that does not run on the standard air hose and compressor system.
Battery powered finish nail guns are the most common cordless finish nail guns.
Cordless Finish Nail Gun vs. Air Finish Nail Gun – What’s The Difference?
Cordless finish nail guns are powered by batteries.
Air finish nail guns are powered by an air hose and air compressor.
Some people would suggest that air nail guns have slightly more power than a battery powered finish nailer. This is particularly noteworthy for those looking to install thicker and heavier materials.
What Is A Cordless Finish Nail Gun Used For?
You would use a cordless finish nailer for some of the following reasons:
If you don’t want to purchase an air compressor
If you don’t want to be restricted by a compressor or air hose
If you are OK with potentially compromising some power for the portability of a battery
Features To Look For In A Cordless Finish Nail Gun?
Refer to this finish nailer guide for the general features to look for in a finish nail gun.
However, some specific features to look out for and questions to ask in a cordless finish nail gun are:
Voltage of the battery
Can other brand and tool batteries be used with the tool if the same voltage?
How long does it take for the battery to charge?
How many nail shots can you get with each charge of the battery?
Does the kit come with a battery and charger?
What is the power of the tool like compared to an air nail gun?
Best Cordless Finish Nailer: Resources
Tooljuice.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, Tooljuice.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.