When we talk about the Rockwell Versacut and the Dremel Saw Max, we are talking about two of the most popular compact/small circular saw tools on the market.
If you’re looking for your next small circular handheld saw, you will probably want to check out this Rockwell Versacut vs Dremel Saw Max: Comparison.
We discuss the similarities and differences of each tool, and overall which one may be better for your intended use.
Let’s get into it!
Rockwell Versacut vs Dremel Saw Max: Comparison, & Which Is Better For You?
Rockwell Versacut vs Dremel Saw Max: Summary – Which Might Be Better For You?
- Overall, the Dremel Saw Max presents better value for money and functionality in our opinion, and is just a better mini saw for quick, short cuts
- You have to add the price of separate blades onto the tool only price of the Versacut
- When you do that, you realise that the ease of using the Dremel makes it a better small circular saw that is more powerful
- However you might choose Versacut if you’re ok with the lower amperage, and want deeper cut depth and a laser guide
- Note though that the plunge guard and safety trigger/lock on the Versacut take away from it’s functionality
Dremel Saw Max
- You can get a wheel set with the Saw Max – Dremel SM700 Saw-Max Cutting Kit, 7-Piece (on Amazon)
- You can get a diamond blade – Dremel SM540 3-Inch Tile Diamond Wheel (on Amazon).
- You can get a miter cutting guide – Dremel Saw-Max SM840 Miter Cutting Guide (on Amazon).
- You can get a 3 wheel set for the Versacut, including a diamond blade – Rockwell RW9232K VersaCut 3-piece Circular Saw Blade Set (on Amazon)
Rockwell Versacut vs Dremel Saw Max: Differences
- The Versacut takes 3 3/8 inch blades, while the Dremel Saw Max takes 3 inch blades
- The Versacut is a 4.0 Amp motor, whereas the Dremel Saw Max has a 6.0 Amp motor
- The Versacut has a 3,500 RPM whereas the Dremel Saw Max has a 17,000 RPM
- The Versacut has a max cutting depth of 1-1/16″, while the Dremel Saw Max has a 3/4 of an inch cutting depth
- The Versacut has a laser guide on the tool in built, whereas the Saw Max doesn’t
- The Versacut requires you to push down on the tool to expose the blade, whereas the Saw Max doesn’t
- The Versacut has a dust extraction attachment, but the Saw Max doesn’t
Rockwell Versacut vs Dremel Saw Max: Similarities
- Both saws are compact/mini circular handheld electric saws
- Both saws are for light, thin, short and fine cuts – quick cuts – for small projects and tasks
- Both can be used on a range of light materials
- Both run on 120 volts
Rockwell Versacut vs Dremel Saw Max: Reviews
Check out reviews/buyer’s guides of each saw here:
tooljuice.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com Inc., or its affiliates