This Grizzly benchtop jointer review is a review of the Grizzly G0725 6 inch model.
Overall, this Grizzly benchtop jointer would suit a woodworker looking for a cheap, light, mobile jointer to simply get the job done on up to 6 inch wide lengths of timber.
If you are after absolute quality of cut and precision through the table and fence, it might be worth looking at a ground standing closed stand model jointer – but they are usually much heavier and more expensive.
If the sound of the Grizzly is what you’re after though, read on!
(*Friendly Disclosure – links to retailers or brands on this page may include affiliate links, and we may receive a commission when you purchase through these links)
Grizzly 6 Inch Benchtop Jointer
If you don’t have time to read the review and buyer’s guide, you can check out the jointer and price here…
Grizzly Benchtop Jointer Reviews
Grizzly G0725 6 by 28-Inch Benchtop Jointer
What’s Good About It?
- Affordable compared to a closed stand jointer
- Small and mobile compared to the heavy steel closed stand and ground stand jointers – weighs only 80 lbs
- Motor is 1-1/2 HP, 110V, single-phase – make sure your powerpoints are rated for this type of voltage
- One good thing we will say about the Grizzly, like the Delta benchtop jointer, is that it has a cast iron table and fence – unlike other benchtop jointers which are aluminium. This cast iron makes for a sturdier construction than the aluminium models.
- Table size is 28-1/2 inches long x 6-1/4 inches wide
- Fence size is 22-7/8 inches long x 4-5/16 inches high
- Fence is adjustable and stops at 45°, 90° and 135°
- Cutterhead is a dual knife cutterhead
- Max cutterhead cuts per minute is 20,000 – at an RPM of 10,000
- Has a maximum depth of cut of 1/8″
What Could Be Improved?
- Maybe you have a preference for the Grizzly brand, but we do rate the Cutech jointer, and Delta jointer as better benchtop jointers in the 6 inch range – you might like to check them out.
- Dust port could be bigger – only 2.5 inches
- Fence is a little fiddly – but once you have it set its ok
What Else Might You Get With It?
- Separate planer machine if you want to thickness your boards
- Push Block pads
- Shop vac
- Mobile base would be optional but not really required
Where To Check It Out?
Grizzly Benchtop Jointer: Buyer’s Guide
Who Is The Grizzly Benchtop Jointer For?
Woodworkers looking for a cheaper type of jointer
Woodworkers looking for a mobile jointer
Woodworkers looking for a jointer that doesnt take up much space in a work space
Woodworkers looking for a jointer that does up to 6 inch wide lumber
Who Is The Grizzly Benchtop Jointer Not For?
Woodworkers looking to flatten lumber wider than 6 inches
Woodworkers looking for a production type jointer
Woodworkers looking for an extremely accurate, precise and parallel jointer
Woodworkers looking for a jointer with a helical cutterhead
Grizzly Benchtop Jointer: Resource
Tooljuice.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, Tooljuice.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.