By skimming through this Cutech Jointer Review, you should know exactly whether this benchtop jointer is for you.
To save your time, in summary, the Cutech is a cheaper, 6 inch, spiral cutter head, electric benchtop jointer.
We rated the Cutech 40160H-CT 6″ as one of the better budget benchtop jointers on the market.
It would really suit a beginner woodworker, or someone looking for a cheap jointer.
If that sounds like the type of jointer you are after, read on!
(*Friendly Disclosure – links to retailers or brands on this page may include affiliate links, and we may receive a commission when you purchase through these links)
Cutech 6 Inch Benchtop Jointer
If you don’t have time to read the review and buyer’s guide, you can check out the jointer and price here…
Cutech Jointer Review
Cutech 40160H-CT 6″ Bench Top Spiral Cutterhead Jointer
What’s Good About It?
- Price is quite affordable
- Overall size and weight means it won’t take up much room in a garage or workshop
- Easy to transport
- Motor is 10 AMP/115 V AC, 11,000 RPM
- Table size is 30″ X 6 3/16″ – total length of the tables is 30″ or 2.5 feet
- Table are made of aluminium alloy
- Fence size is 4 1/4″ X 19 3/4″
- Quite light at only 40lbs in weight
- Max depth of cut is 1/8″ – fully adjustable tables
- Cutterhead is 2″ diameter with 12 x Two-sided Inserts HSS (high speed steel)
- Fence can be adjusted/tilted from 90 to 135 Degrees (can perform mitre cuts)
- Dust port is 2.5 inches
- Includes push blocks and cutterhead changing tools
What Could Be Improved?
- Aluminium fence isn’t super strong – not the best jointer for the most precise cuts
- Not for the longest and widest pieces of wood
- Motor will sometimes bog down on thick and heavy pieces of wood (over 3 inch thick)
- Will leave machining marks sometimes on the edge that is cut
- Dust port is a bit small sometimes – worth looking into getting a shopvac
What Else Might You Get With It?
- A separate bench top planer tool if you want one (to use after you are finished cutting/milling the timber)
- HTC Adjustable Mobile Base (on Amazon) –Mobile base for moving your jointer around
- You might consider a shopvac for dust collection
Where To Check It Out?
Cutech Jointer: Buyer’s Guide
What Is The Cutech Jointer?
The Cutech 40160H-CT is an electrical 6 inch spiral cutterhead jointer.
Who Is The Cutech Jointer For?
People who want a cheaper spiral cutterhead jointer that will just get the job done – good for beginner or those looking for a budget priced jointer
People who are ok with only 6″width of cutting width, and a total table to table length of around 2.5 feet
People who want a jointer that won’t take up too much space, and is easy to move around
Who Is The Cutech Jointer Not For?
People who want a straight blade cutter
People who want an 8 inch plus cutter
People who want to cut the longer and thicker pieces of wood
Cutech Jointer – Bits & Accessories
A separate wood planer
A mobile base would be optional if you don’t want to move the 40 lbs jointer around yourself
Shopvac for the dust collection
Cutech Jointer: Resources
Tooljuice.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, Tooljuice.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.