By skimming through this Delta Benchtop Jointer Review, you should know exactly the best features and limitations of this jointer.
To save your time, in summary, the Delta is an affordable, 6 inch, regular cutter head, electric benchtop jointer.
We rated the Delta 37-071 6 Inch Benchtop Jointer as one of the better cheap benchtop jointers on the market. However, we still think the Cutech 6 Inch jointer is strong competition.
Perhaps one of the best features of the Delta over most of the other 6 inch jointers, is that it’s made mainly of cast iron and not aluminium. This keeps a sturdy base while in operation.
If the Delta sounds like the type of 6 inch jointer you are after, read on!
(*Friendly Disclosure – links to retailers or brands on this page may include affiliate links, and we may receive a commission when you purchase through these links)
Delta 6 Inch Bench top Jointer
If you don’t have time to read the review and buyer’s guide, you can check out the jointer and price here…
Delta Benchtop Jointer Review
Delta Power Tool 37-071 6 Inch MIDI Benchtop Jointer
What’s Good About It?
- Affordable jointer
- Easier to move around than the bigger production models – doesn’t take up too much space in a workshop
- Cast iron construction and cast iron fence
- Has a 12 Amp, 120 Volt, 1 Phase, 60 Hz, Universal motor
- Cutter head speed is 10,000 RPM
- Maximum number of cuts per minute is 20,000
- Maximum depth of cut is 1/8 in.
- Cutterhead dimension is 1 7/8 in.
- Simple jackscrew arrangement offers easy adjustment when changing knives in cutterhead
- Maximum width of cut is 6 inches
- Fence dimensions are 4 5/16 in. D x 22 7/8 in. W
- Fence has positive stops at 45 degrees and 90 degrees
- Has a standard 2 knife cutterhead
- Table dimensions are 6 1/4 in. x 28 1/2 in.
- Has a 2 1/4 inch wide dust collection opening
- Weighs 76 lbs
- Base dimensions are 11 1/2 in. D x 21 in. W
- Includes a pair of pushblocks
What Could Be Improved?
- Dust port could be bigger
- Fence is not bad – but does take some time to get square.
What Else Might You Get With It?
- A shop vac would be optional for the dust collection
- A planer would be optional if you need one
- A mobile base would be optional if a 76lbs jointer is too heavy for you to move around
Where To Check It Out?
Delta Benchtop Jointer: Buyer’s Guide
What Is The Delta Benchtop Jointer?
A 6 inch, affordable, standard cutter head, electric benchtop jointer.
Who Is The Delta Benchtop Jointer For?
Beginners and woodworkers on a budget
Those who want an affordable benchtop jointer
Those who are OK with a max 6 inch wide cutting capacity
Those who are OK with a smaller table
Those who want a small, mobile jointer
Who Is The Delta Benchtop Jointer Not For?
Those who want a production type jointer that does bigger and wider pieces of lumber
Those who want a high quality jointer for a workshop
Delta Benchtop Jointer – Bits & Accessories
Separate shop vac
Potentially a mobile base
Delta Benchtop Jointer: Resources
Tooljuice.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, Tooljuice.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.