The Dremel Workstation is an all-in-one accessory for the Dremel range of rotary tools.
Not only can it be used as a drill press, but also as a tool holder and flex shaft holder for things like cutting, grinding, sanding, polishing and more.
It really would suit hobbyists, arts & crafters, and those looking for a workstation for light and small projects.
On the other hand, we wouldn’t recommend it as a heavier duty workstation with ultra precise and straight drilling.
It simply get’s the job done for those smaller/light tasks, and it’s very cheap. So, keep your expectations realistic and you’ll see it as great value for money.
Let’s look a little deeper at this accessory in the Dremel 220-01 Rotary Tool Workstation & Drill Press Review below…
Dremel 220-01 Rotary Tool Workstation & Drill Press
Dremel 220-01 Rotary Tool Workstation & Drill Press Review
What’s Good About It?
- Will hold your tool in place for a range of activities such as drilling, sanding, buffing/polishing, sanding and more
- You can drill both perpendicular and angled holes – drills in 15-degree angled increments, up to 90 degrees horizontal
- The 90 degree horizontal tool holding position is for tasks like polishing metal objects, sanding different shapes and grinding metal pieces
- Drill/penetration depth of 2 inches
- Has a telescoping shaft – can extend anywhere between 16 and 29 inches
- Product dimensions are 6″ wide x 6″ long x 12″ tall/high
- Weighs 11.92 lbs
- Fits the following Dremel Rotary tools – 4000, 400, 3000, 398, 395, 300, 285, 275, 200, 100, 8220, 8100, 8200, 800, 780, 770, 7700
- Dremel does not officially say whether the Dremel 4300 fits in the workstation, but from our experience it does. Give Dremel a quick call if you want to confirm before purchasing either.
- Has a holder/on-board storage for drill bits, wrenches, and other Dremel accessories
- Has clips to clip power cords to the workstation stand and out of the way
- Has both inch and metric references/markings on the base of the workstation
- Also has depth markings to reference
- Metal base has 4 clamping points
- Comes with a mounting wrench
What Could Be Improved?
- Made of plastic and metal – all metal would be stronger, but this is supposed to be a cheap option more for crafters
- Not the most accurate or precise drill press – won’t drill perfectly straight holes all the time
What Else Might You Get With It?
- A Dremel rotary tool –
- Dremel bits to use in your tool –
- Dremel attachments to use on your tool –
Where To Check It Out?
Dremel 220-01 Rotary Tool Workstation & Drill Press Buyer’s Guide
What is the Dremel Workstation/Drill Press?
The Dremel workstation is an all-in-one drill press, tool holder and flex shaft holder.
What is the Dremel Workstation/Drill Press Designed For?
With a metal (mainly the stand and base) and plastic design, the workstation is designed for very light finishing type activities.
You can use it to drill, or put it on an angle and do tasks like cutting, sanding, grinding, polishing etc.
The workstation holds your Dremel rotary tool so you can use both hands on the material.
Who is the Dremel Workstation/Drill Press For?
- Arts and crafters
- Those looking for a workstation for small and light projects
- Those looking for a cheap workstation
Who is the Dremel Workstation/Drill Press Not For?
- Those who want a fully metal drill press
- Those looking for an extremely solid construction workstation
- Those looking for perfectly precise, accurate and straight drill holes
- Those looking for a workstation for heavier projects
Dremel Workstation/Drill Press – Accessories
- Dremel rotary tool
- Dremel accessories
- Dremel attachments
Dremel 220-01 Rotary Tool Workstation & Drill Press: Resources
“Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com Inc., or its affiliates”[/alert-announce]