In this short guide, we discuss the best cordless vacuum for boat & car cleaning.
With this all in one V6 cordless vacuum, it doesn’t matter if you own only a car, or both a car and a boat.
The Dyson brand vacuum we review can clean car interiors, boat cabins/carpet & get into tight spots with a range of connections & features.
Let’s have a look at what we consider the best boat/car cleaning handheld cordless vacuum brand and model …
(*Friendly Disclosure – links to retailers or brands on this page may include affiliate links, and we may receive a commission when you purchase through these links)
Top Rated Cordless Vacuum For Boat & Car List
Best Cordless Vacuum For Boat & Car – Dyson V6 Car + Boat Handheld Cordless Vacuum (on Amazon)
Best Cordless Vacuum For Boat & Car: Reviews
Dyson V6 Car + Boat Handheld Cordless Vacuum
What Makes This Vacuum Good For Cars & Boats?
- Has a Dyson digital motor V6 – provides 28 Air Watts suction power. When in boost mode, it provides 100 Air watts suction power
- Has a 2 tier radial cyclone – fancy way of saying increased airflow and suction force
- Very lightweight – weighs less than 4lbs
- Charge time of only 3.5 hours
- Will run for up to 20 minutes on a fully charged battery
- Comes with charger and these accessories:
> mini-motorized tool (picks up pet hair and stubborn debris from car upholstery, trunk and other surfaces),
> combination tool,
> the crevice tool (great for getting into tight spaces in the car or boat),
> the extension hose,
> the mini soft dusting brush (for fine or delicate surfaces)
> stubborn dirt brush
- Touch button release to empty vacuum bag debris
- 2 year warranty
What Could Be Improved?
- If you use the vacuum in boost mode, the battery will only last 5-6 minutes
- Not a super ‘deep’ cleaning vacuum – it’s more for picking up crumbs, surface hairs and loose debris very quickly and without a cord. Look for a corded super suction model for longer and deeper cleans
What Other Accessories Might You Need With This Vacuum?
- Wall Mount/Docking Station – Dyson DC58 DC59 Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Wall Mount Bracket / Docking Station (on Amazon)
- Vacuum Extension Pieces Kit – Dyson Genuine Handheld Tool Kit (DY-913049-01) (on Amazon)
Where To Check Out This Vacuum?
Best Cordless Vacuum For Boat & Car: Buyer’s Guide & FAQ
What Types Of Vacuums Are Best For Cleaning Boats & Cars?
The preference of a corded, or cordless vacuum is up to you.
The advantage of cordless vacuums is of course you don’t need an electric power source – you can run it off batteries.
This comes in handy particularly for a boat that is docked in a marina or out at sea and you don’t have access to a generator.
Likewise, if you go camping or on road trips often, you can store a cordless vacuum in your trunk and give the car a quick clean.
What Are Vacuums Used For When Cleaning Boats & Cars?
It’s not so much the vacuum, but the extensions and connections that are important for cleaning boats and cars.
You’ll definitely want an extension piece for getting under seats and reaching hard to reach places.
A crevice tool is great for getting into narrow gaps and places that thicker or wider connections can’t access.
A soft brush is good for fine leather and other delicate surfaces.
How To Choose A Vacuum For Cleaning Boats & Cars – Which To Get?
1. Decide if you want a corded or cordless model vacuum cleaner
2. If cordless, decide on the length of battery time you want out of your vacuum
3. Decide on the level of suction power, or air watts you want out of your vacuum cleaner
4. Check the types of connections/attachments you get with the vacuum, and make sure they are good for what your car or boat cleaning requires
Cordless Vacuum Features To Look Out For & Consider When Cleaning Boats & Cars
Corded or cordless
Weight of the vacuum
How long the battery lasts
How long the battery takes to charge
Are there any ‘boost’ modes for extra suction
How do you change the dust bag – is it relatively simple?
Does the vacuum come with a charger if cordless?
What accessories/attachments does the vacuum come with
What optional attachments/accessories can you buy – e.g. can you buy a car or boat charger?
Cordless Vacuum For Boats & Cars – Common Accessories
Charger for cordless vacuums
Attachments for different types of cleaning
Best Cordless Vacuum For Boat & Car: Resources
Tooljuice.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, Tooljuice.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.