The Intex Challenger K1 Kayak is pretty close to the best value recreational inflatable one person kayak/canoe on the market.
We think it’s great for campers, light & recreational fishers and light & recreational paddlers wanting an easy to use kayak option.
For the price, it is great value for money if you are realistic about what this canoe is, and what it’s designed for.
When we say that, is it going to control, or handle rough rivers like a hard kayak? No. Is it a professional sports kayak? No
But, it certainly does what it’s designed for well – which is recreation, and hobby type/light kayaking.
In the buyer’s guide, you can find answers to common FAQ’s like weight limit, & whether you can use it for fishing.
Let’s look further into the Intex Challenger K1 Inflatable One Person Kayak Review below…
Intex Challenger K1 Inflatable One Person Kayak
Intex Challenger K1 Inflatable One Person Kayak Review
What’s Good About It?
- Very affordable for a one person inflatable kayak – great value for money
- Designed for easy paddling
- Bright green color for high visibility
- Designed for use in lakes and mild rivers
- Will fit 1 adult
- Multiple air chambers
- Has carry nets
- Has a weight capacity of 220 pounds total
- Lightweight – all equipment and kayak weigh only around 27 lbs
- Easy to assemble – takes only 15 to 20 minutes to inflate put together
- Kayak dimensions are (L x W x H): 108 x 30 x 13 inches when inflated
- Made with a vinyl construction main body, and I-beam floor for comfort and rigidity
- Has a removable skeg that provides directional stability
- Has an adjustable low profile seat with backrest
- Has a Boston valve system for inflating and deflating- one valve in the floor
- Has a grab line at each end of the kayak
- Comes with a U.S. Coast Guard I.D. – kayak is certified
- Accessories included are one 86 inch aluminum oar, and an Intex high-output pump for easy inflation and deflation
What Could Be Improved?
- You need to buy life vests separately
- Not a heavy duty kayak – really only meant for light paddling, and recreation type activities – but it works well for those activities – keep your expectations realistic
- Doesn’t handle or control like a hard kayak – but, you can still get to where you need to go
- Flat nose and tail – unlike the Explorer K2 which has turned up nose and tail
- No carry handles like the Explorer K2
- Not a heap of back support
What Else Would You Get With It?
- Adult Life Jacket – Stearns Adult Watersport Classic Series Vest (on Amazon)
- Youth Life Jacket – Stearns Youth Boating Vest, Youths 50-90 lbs (on Amazon)
- Childs Life Jacket – Stearns Child Classic Series Vest, Children 30-50 lbs (on Amazon)
Where To Check It Out?
Intex K1 Challenger Inflatable One Person Kayak: Buyer’s Guide
What Is The Intex Challenger K1 Kayak?
A one person inflatable and deflatable kayak/canoe.
What Is The Intex Challenger K1 Kayak Used For?
The kayak is designed for easy paddling on mild lakes, rivers and calm/flat open oceans/beaches.
It could also be used for light fishing.
Who Is The Intex Challenger K1 Kayak For?
- Casual and recreational kayak users
- Recreational and light fishermen and women
- Those looking to use a recreational kayak on mild lakes, rivers and mild open ocean/beaches
- Great for older or younger people
Who Is The Intex Challenger K1 Kayak Not For?
- Those looking for a heavy duty kayak
- Those looking for the steering and control that a hard kayak provides
- Those looking for a kayak to use in rougher and tougher waters
What Is The Intex Challenger K1 Kayak Weight Limit?
The maximum official weight limit is one people at 220 pounds total.
Can You Use The Intex Challenger K1 Kayak For Fishing?
The kayak is designed as ‘sporty and fun’, with ‘a streamlined design for easy paddling’.
Although it isn’t specifically used for fishing, there is no reason you couldn’t use it for light fishing – as long as you are cautious of sharp and rough objects penetrating the kayak material, and follow Intex’s instructions for general use of the kayak.
I Want To See The Intex Challenger K1 Kayak On YouTube…
You can check out Intex Challenger K1 Kayak videos on YouTube here.
Where Can I Check Out The Intex Explorer K2 & Challenger K2
You can also read more in the following reviews and comparison:
Intex Challenger K1 Inflatable One Person Kayak: Resources
[alert-announce]”tooljuice.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com”
“Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com Inc., or its affiliates”[/alert-announce]