The Dremel 3000, despite being an older Dremel rotary tool model, is still great value for money.
Yes, the Dremel 4000 & Dremel 4300 (read comparison guide) are newer models, and you should probably look at them first when looking for an electric Dremel tool.
However, as a summary to this Dremel 3000 rotary tool review – the Dremel 3000 as a kit, is perhaps the best option for those looking for an extremely affordable Dremel model that maintains a lot of versatility.
It can be used with all Dremel rotary tool accessories and most attachments.
Dremel 3000 Rotary Tool
Dremel 3000 Rotary Tool Review
Dremel 3000 Variable Speed Rotary Tool
The Dremel 3000 is the smaller less powerful version of the Dremel 4000.
It has a smaller capacity motor and less speed – at 1.2 Amps and 5,000 to 32,000 rpms, compared to the Dremel 4000’s 1.6 Amps and 5,000 to 35,000 RPM.
The offset of this though is that the Dremel 3000 is more affordable – a plus if you don’t necessarily need the bigger motor and speed.
What’s Good About It?
- Can be used with all Dremel rotary tool accessories and most attachments (except MS400 and PL400 attachments).
- Variable speed unit – 5,000 to 32,000 RPM
- Comes with Sanding/grinding guide and cutting guide attachments
- Comes with bits for carving, engraving, cutting, sharpening, grinding, cleaning, polishing, sanding
- Comes with EZ Twist™ nose cap with an integrated wrench that allows the nose cap to be used as a wrench to tighten accessories and eliminates the need for a separate wrench or bit changing tool
- Trumpet-shaped nose cap to facilitate a pencil-grip tool hold
- Replaceable motor brushes
What’s Not So Great?
- 6 feet of electrical cord – you may want to use an extension cord if you want anything more than this to work with
- There are higher performance electric models available – Dremel 4000-4300 models. BUT, for the price it is a great all around tool
What Else Do You Need To Use This Electric Dremel Tool?
Common optional extras with this electric dremel tool are:
- Flex shaft attachment – Dremel 225-01 Flex Shaft Attachment (on Amazon)
- Keyless Chuck – Dremel 4486 MultiPro Keyless Chuck (on Amazon)
Where Can I Check Out This Electric Dremel Tool?
Dremel 3000 Rotary Tool: Buyer’s Guide
What is the Dremel 3000?
The Dremel 3000 is a variable speed electric Dremel tool.
As of May 2017, it is an older model in the Dremel corded tool range – after the 4000, 4200 & 4300.
What is the Dremel 3000 used for?
Being a Dremel rotary tool – it is designed for finishing tasks on thinner and softer materials.
It is compatible with all Dremel accessories and most attachments – so, it can perform any task that the applicable accessory or attachment is designed for.
Who is the Dremel 3000 for?
- Those who want a an electric dremel that can use ALL Dremel bits and most attachments, but don’t need the higher performance of the Dremel 4000-4300 series models
- Those who want a cheaper alternative to the Dremel 4000-4300 models
- Those who want a kit that comes with bits for carving, engraving, cutting, sharpening, grinding, cleaning, polishing and sanding
Who is the Dremel 3000 not for?
- Those who want the highest performance electric dremel model i.e. the Dremel 4000-4300 models
- Those who want a small or micro electric dremel tool
- Those who want a cordless Dremel
Dremel 3000 Bits & Accessories
- Any of the Dremel accessories, or attachments you need to carry out the activities you want to perform
Dremel 3000 Rotary Tool: Resources
[alert-announce]”tooljuice.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com”
“Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com Inc., or its affiliates”[/alert-announce]