Below you can find a Woodland Scenics Hot Wire Foam Cutter Review.
This foam cutter is a handheld hot wire foam cutter, and is designed mainly for home and hobbyist type use.
You would get it if you are looking for a cheap cutter you can use casually for recreation type projects.
One thing we would suggest is that if a strong handheld hot foam cutter is your preference, you may want to check out a hot knife foam cutter instead.
The Woodland get’s the job done, but isn’t for heavy or thick foam.
(*Friendly Disclosure – links to retailers or brands on this page may include affiliate links, and we may receive a commission when you purchase through these links)
Woodland Scenics Hot Wire Foam Cutter Review
Woodland Scenics Hot Wire Foam Cutter
What’s Good About It?
- Can be used as a straight wire for straight cuts
- Can be used with the Foam Cutter Bow & Guide for angle cuts
- Will cut 4 1/2 in wide x 6 in deep
- 120 volt tool
- RoHS Compliant
What Could Be Improved?
- Feel cheaply made – not very strong and can be unreliable in terms of heating (wire doesn’t alway get or stay hot)
- More of a hobby/cheap option cutter
- Can be used only with special nichrome replacement wire.
- To avoid the emission of toxic fumes, Woodland recommends using the Hot Wire Foam Cutter and the Bow & Guide on Woodland Scenics foam products only
What Else Would You Get With It?
- Replacement wire – Woodland Scenics Hot Wire Replacement Wire 4′ WOOST1436 (on Amazon)
- Bow & Guide for Angle Cuts – Foam Cutter Bow & Guide (on Amazon)
Where To Check It Out?
Woodland Scenics Hot Wire Foam Cutter Buyer’s Guide
What Is The Woodland Scenic Hot Wire Foam Cutter?
A handheld electric hot wire foam cutter.
What Is The Woodland Scenic Hot Wire Foam Cutter Used For
It is used for cutting soft to medium foams.
Who Is The Woodland Scenic Hot Wire Foam Cutter For?
This is a hobbyist type foam cutter mainly for home use – arts and crafts, modelling, decorations etc.
We should note though this is perhaps not the strongest cutter in terms of how it’s put together.
If you want something stronger and extremely reliable, you might look at the Nordstrand hot knife foam cutter.
Woodland Scenic Hot Wire Foam Cutter – Accessories
Foam accessories like foam glue, foam putty, foam nails etc.
Woodland Scenics Hot Wire Foam Cutter Resources
Tooljuice.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, Tooljuice.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.