Rotozip is one of the more popular brands when it comes to spiral saws and cut out type tools.
As you will find in this Rotozip Spiral Saw Review, the SS355 is a good option if you are looking to perform a range of cuts in a range of building materials.
You are able to do plunge cuts, freehand cuts, cut-outs & hole cuts in wood, drywall, sheet metal, laminate flooring, solid surface, plexiglass, granite, ceramic tile, cement board and more.
It also comes with 1/8 inch, 5/32 inches and 1/4 inch collets – allowing some versatility in different sized Zip and X bits.
We should note, if you are looking for a rotary tool with versatility to do more than just cut, you can look at a Dremel tool, but you will sacrifice some power – going down to around 1 to 2 Amps from the 5.5 Amps this Rotozip provides.
Let’s check out the Rotozip Spiral Saw SS355 in more detail …
(*Friendly Disclosure – links to retailers or brands on this page may include affiliate links, and we may receive a commission when you purchase through these links)
Rotozip Spiral Saw SS355 Cut Out Tool
Rotozip Spiral Saw Review
- Is a spiral cutter that allows plunge cuts, freehand cuts, cut-outs, hole cuts and more types of cuts
- The Rotozip spiral saw is designed to perform cuts in nearly any building material, including but not limited to wood, drywall, sheet metal, laminate flooring, solid surface, plexiglass, granite, ceramic tile, cement board and more.
- 5.5 Amps motor
- 30,000 RPMs speed
- 120 volt tool
- Tool length is 9 inches
- Bump switch for controlling the tool with controlling the tool with one hand
- Has serviceable motor brushes
- Compatible with these accessories – Zip®Bits, XBits®, XCores
- Compatible with these attachments – Dust Management Kit, Circle Cutter Guide
- Comes with 3 collets – 1/8 inch, 5/32 inches, 1/4 inch collets
- Comes with 2 bits – (1) Drywall Guidepoint ZipBit, (1) Multipurpose ZipBit
What Could Be Improved?
- Cord could be a little longer – you might want to use it with an extension cord
- Takes a small amount of time to get used to – grabs the material sometimes when cutting – so you have to get the hang of how to handle the tool to get more controlled cuts…but, this is very manageable.
- Only a single purpose tool – for cutting
What Else Would You Get With It?
- Bit Pack – Roto Zip SC4 1/8-Inch Zip Bit for Wood and Plastic, 4-Pack (on Amazon)
- Bit Pack – Roto Zip GP8 1/8-Inch Guide Point Drywall Cutting Zip Bit, 8-Pack (on Amazon)
Where To Check It Out?
Rotozip Spiral Saw Buyer’s Guide
What is the Rotozip Spiral Saw?
A spiral saw type tool that takes a few different types of accessories and attachments.
It is designed for cutting building materials.
What is the Rotozip Spiral Saw designed for?
The Rotozip spiral saw is designed to perform cuts in nearly any building material, including but not limited to wood, drywall, sheet metal, laminate flooring, solid surface, plexiglass, granite, ceramic tile, cement board and more.
It allows plunge cuts, freehand cuts, cut-outs, hole cuts and more types of cuts.
Who is the Rotozip Spiral Saw for?
DIY home owners
Really, anyone who wants to cut building materials
Who is the Rotozip Spiral Saw not for?
Those wanting a tool that has versatility to do anything more than cutting – like a Dremel tool can for example.
Rotozip Spiral Saw – Accessories
Proper eye and ear protection
Rotozip vs Dewalt Cut Out Tools Comparison
View full cut out tool comparison here – Rotozip vs Dewalt comparison.
Rotozip Spiral Saw Resources
Tooljuice.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, Tooljuice.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.