If you are interested in lightweight solar panels for an off-grid setup, you’ll find this short guide useful.
Below we have included the HQST Flexible Solar Panel reviews of their 50 watt and 100 watt models.
You might consider this important fact in your purchase – but also weight that up with the other features and performance of the panels.
Let’s get to the reviews …
(*Friendly Disclosure – links to retailers or brands on this page may include affiliate links, and we may receive a commission when you purchase through these links)
HQST Flexible Solar Panel Reviews
HQST 100 Watt 18 Volt Flexible Solar Panel
What’s Good About This 100 Watt Panel?
- Monocrystalline cells – crystalline panels are among the best performing panels in direct sunlight
- 17.7 volts panel is rated for a 12 volt battery > good for Rv’s, boats/marine, bikes, vans, cars and more
- East to install, uninstall, hand and transport around to different surfaces
- Can be used for both permanent, and non-permanent applications
- Thin plastic panel sheeting is very lightweight – 4lbs
- Less vulnerable to cracking than a framed panel
- Various fixing methods available – adhesive, grommets, zip ties or velcro
- Pre fab metal panel holes
- Comes with 10 inch long cables and MC4 connectors
- Junction box is sealed and waterproof
- HQST offer a one year warranty
- Make sure you are aware of the dimensions of the panel for the surface you want to install or hang it on – Dimensions: 41.7 X 21.3 X 0.12 inches
- Comes with the panel, plus:
– One (1) IP65 Rated waterproof junction box
– One (1) pair of IP67 Rated waterproof MC4 connectors
– One (1) pair of 14 AWG Panel Leads
What Isn’t So Great, And Could Be Improved?
- NOT bendable or able to be curved – only a lightweight panel
- More vulnerable to scraping and ripping than framed/rigid panels
- Be aware of the maximum voltage of a system you can have this panel in – 600V DC (UL)
- Over time – a flexible panel has a chance of delaminating or bubbling
- May not get as much performance as a rigid solar panel over time
What Other Accessories/Devices Might You Need With This Panel?
Solar Charge Controller – Mohoo 20A Charge Controller with Intelligent USB Port Display 12V-24V (on Amazon)
- Cable Connectors – Sun YOBA 5 Pairs of MC4 Male/ Female Solar Panel Cable Connectors (on Amazon)
Where To Check Out This Panel
HQST 50 Watt 18 Volts Flexible Solar Panel
HQST also offer a very similar 50 Watt panel – view the HQST 50 Watt Solar Panel on Amazon.
HQST Flexible Solar Panel: Buyer’s Guide
Who Are HQST?
HQST are a solar company that offer off-grid products and services.
They offer solar panels, kits, camping accessories, general solar accessories, and OEM custom services for solar.
What Do They Do Well With Their Solar Panels?
Compared to Suaoki and Allpowers, it looks like HQST have specialised and developed their solar products and services slightly more.
They are not a re-seller anymore, but rather source their own materials and produce their own units.
They offer both a 50 watt and 100 watt model, and are good with their customer service for these models.
What Could Be Improved With Their Solar Panels
The cables are also quite short at 10 inches.
Make sure when you buy your panels that you check (if going through another seller) that you get your warranty guaranteed.
Are There Any Other Flexible Solar Panel Brands To Look At?
HQST Flexible Solar Panel: Resources
Tooljuice.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, Tooljuice.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.