When it comes to folding solar panels for off grid use, there are different types of folding solar panels available.
Both types of folding solar panel are portable, with the larger panels being able to be folded out, and folded up, but not carried around while walking like the smaller folding solar panels.
Go Power offers the larger range of folding solar panels, which can be used to charge 12 volt batteries in RV’s, trailer, ATV’s, and boats for example.
In this Go Power Folding solar panel review – we review the 80 watt and 120 watt folding solar panels.
Let’s take a look at Go Power as a company themselves, and the two models above.
(*Friendly Disclosure – links to retailers or brands on this page may include affiliate links, and we may receive a commission when you purchase through these links)
Go Power Folding Solar Panel Reviews
Go Power! GP-PSK-120 120W Portable Folding Solar Kit with 10 Amp Solar Controller
What’s Good About This 120 Watt Panel?
- Easy to store and set up/pack away
- Good for those who don’t want to fix or mount a solar panel to their Rv or boat – these are portable panels
- Have anderson style connectors – you can interchange the charging accessory to best suite your needs for 12 volt battery charging
- The 18 volt rated system can charge a range of 12 volt batteries such as cars, RV’s, trailers, marine batteries and more
- Comes as a kit with a solar controller (built in) so you don’t have to buy one separately
- Monocrystalline panels are good in direct sunlight
- Weighs 33 lbs – not too heavy
- The 120 Watt model dimension are 32.5 x 19.9 x 2.8 in (closed), and 32.5 x 39.8 x 1.4 in open
- Split warranty – 25 years for the module) / 3 years for the controller
- Carmanah provide great customer support > make sure when buying through 3rd parties that you have access to the warranty and full support
- Full kit includes –
– 10 amp charge controller (GP-PWM-10)
– Battery clamps
– Quick connectors
– Ring terminal connectors
– SAE solar plug adapter
– XLR-style solar plug adapter
– 15′ of UV 12/2 cable
– Heavy-duty, nylon storage case
What Isn’t So Great, And Could Be Improved?
- Not a problem with the panel itself, but you’ll need to park in an area with direct sunlight, otherwise the panel won’t run to capacity
- You have to make sure beforehand that you get the right connectors for your battery
- You’ll most likely need to purchase the extra expansion cable to give you a bit more flexibility with moving the panel around
What Other Accessories/Devices Might You Need With This Panel?
Extension Cable (to give you more reach between your panel and battery) – Go Power 30 Feet Expansion Cable (on Amazon)
7 Pin Trailer Plug – Go Power! 7 Pin Trailer Plug Accessory (on Amazon)
Where To Check Out This Solar Panel?
Go Power! GP-PSK-80 80W Portable Folding Solar Kit with 10 Amp Solar Controller
Go Power also offer a very similar 80 watt panel – view the 80 Watt Go Power! Solar Panel on Amazon.
Go Power Folding Solar Panel: Buyer’s Guide
Who Are Go Power?
Go Power! is a division of the publicly traded company Carmanah.
Go Power! has more than 15 years of experience in the RV and fleet truck market, offering mobile solar systems and technology.
What Do They Do Well With Their Solar Panels?
Unlike say some of the pop up flexible solar panel brands and sellers, Go Power have the backing and resources of Carmanah – and many years experience.
The panels are high quality, and the customer and technical support is also good.
The built in solar controller is a good feature, and we also like how easy the panels are to set up, and the included carry case is handy for storage.
What Could Be Improved With Their Solar Panels?
It would be good if the panels came with the extension cord included, and a wider range of connectors for the price.
Apart from this, we don’t really have many other complaints with the panels.
Make sure you aware of how you can guarantee your warranty, and contact support before you buy the panel.
Are There Any Other Large Folding Solar Panel Brands To Look At?
Renogy and Ecoworthy do similar type large folding panels with a metal stand that are portable and can be set up on the ground.
If you are interested in the smaller folding solar panels for handheld devices and USB type devices, you can read more in this guide.
Go Power Folding Solar Panel: Resources
Tooljuice.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, Tooljuice.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.