This is a Dremel 8050 Micro Review – which in our opinion is the best micro cordless Dremel tool.
It is great for people into jewellery making, arts and crafts, wood carving – or even for those looking to trim their pet’s nails.
The tool has a good sized 8 volt lithium ion battery, and is built to sit like pen in your hand – for great control and comfort.
If you are looking for something with a bigger battery, perhaps give the Dremel 8220 some consideration.
Otherwise, read on about this value for money micro tool!
Dremel 8050 Micro Review
Dremel 8050 8 Volt Micro Cordless Rotary Tool
We rated the Dremel 8050 Micro Rotary Tool is the best small cordless Dremel tool.
Apart from being the best micro cordless dremel tool, we also rated it the best dremel tool for jewellery making, arts and crafts, hobbies. You can also trim pet nails with it.
It is a great precision tool.
NOTE: although Dremel has resolved the issue and current models are safe, there was a safety recall on this tool earlier in 2016 for tools shipped July 2014 -May 2015. You can check the recall details here: – https://www.dremel.com/en-us/customerservice/productsupport/Safety-Info-Recalls/Pages/Safety-Info-Recalls.aspx
What’s Good About It?
- It is even smaller and lightweight than the cordless Dremel 8220 at 6.5 x 9.75 x 3.75 in in dimensions
- Great for tasks like engraving, decorating and arts and crafts – you can basically get all of the control of a pen with the way you hold it
- The Dremel Micro 8050 still has an 8V Max lithium ion battery so you lose very little power from the top of the line cordless Dremel 8220 cordless rotary tool
- Variable speed – 5 speeds from 5,000 to 28,000 rpm
- The kit comes with 18 accessories and a charger/docking station.
- Comes with bits for cutting, carving/grinding, cleaning, polishing and sanding
- LED light built into the nose cap
- LED smart features let you keep track of battery performance
What’s Not So Great?
- 8 volt battery compared to the Dremel 8220 12 volt battery – so it isn’t as suitable as the Dremel 8220 for the heavier tasks
- Like the Dremel 8220, the battery lasts roughly half hour to an hour at a time on high speed or demanding surfaces.
- Charge time is estimated at 3 Hours, 45 Minutes – that can be a long time for some people
What Else Do You Need To Use This Cordless Dremel Tool?
Two common optional extras you may get with this cordless Dremel tool are:
- All Purpose Dremel 160 Bit Kit – Dremel 710-08 All-Purpose Rotary Accessory Kit, 160-Piece (on Amazon)
- Keyless Chuck for Quick Bit Changing – Dremel 4486 MultiPro Keyless Chuck (on Amazon)
Where Can I Check Out This Cordless Dremel Tool?
Dremel 8050 Micro Buyer’s Guide
What is the Dremel 8050 Micro rotary tool?
A micro, variable speed, cordless, 8 volt lithium ion battery operated Dremel rotary tool.
What is the Dremel 8050 Micro rotary tool used for?
It is portable because it is cordless – so it can be used in situations where you will be without mains power.
In particular, the Dremel 8050 is best used for precision type activities where you want a micro tool you can have great control over – exactly like holding a slightly thicker pen or pencil.
It should be noted, Dremel rotary tools are designed to be finishing type tools – good for light finishing tasks on thinner and softer materials.
Who is the Dremel 8050 for?
- Those looking for a small cordless dremel tool that you can hold like a pen
- Those looking for a dremel tool suitable for jewellery making, arts and crafts, hobbies and similar precision type activities
- Those looking for a cordless dremel tool that can also be used on your pet’s nails
- Those who are OK with using a bit changing wrench (comes with the tool) instead of the EZ Twist Nose Cap (tool-less bit changing) the Dremel 8220 has
- Those looking for a tool that comes with bits for cutting, carving/grinding, cleaning, polishing and sanding
Who is the Dremel 8050 not for?
- Those looking for the highest performance (in terms of power and speed) cordless dremel tool
- Those looking for a 12 volt battery operated Dremel tool like the Dremel 8220
Dremel 8050 Accessories & Bits
- Accessories for the tasks you want to carry out
- Keyless chuck
Dremel 8050 Micro Resources
[alert-announce]”tooljuice.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com”
“Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com Inc., or its affiliates”[/alert-announce]