The Dremel 7300 Minimite is part of Dremel’s cordless range of rotary tools.
As we point out in this Dremel 7300 Minimite cordless review & buyer’s guide – the 7300 comes as a 4.8 volt Ni-Cd battery operated tool.
Given it’s weight, size and lower power rating, it is good for those who want to groom pet nails, or perform any tasks light/small task on soft or thin materials.
The 7300 can accept Dremel accessories up to 1/8 inch in shank size, so it has a wide range of uses and applications.
Let’s look at the Dremel 7300 Minimite though in more detail…
Dremel 7300 Minimite Cordless Rotary Tool
Dremel 7300 Minimite Cordless Review
Dremel 7300-N/8 MiniMite 4.8-Volt Cordless Two-Speed Rotary Tool
The Dremel 7300-N/8 is a 4.8 volt cordless dremel tool that runs on Ni-Cd rechargeable batteries.
Being small and lightweight, it is designed for precision and control over power.
What’s Good About It?
- Great in particular for drilling, sanding, shaping, detailing and other light-duty jobs
- Very compact, lightweight and easy to handle/use
- Only 8 inches long and less than 2 lbs in weight
- Can be used with any Dremel rotary tool accessory with up to an 1/8″ shank size – versatile
- Two speed tool – 6,500 and 13,000 rpm
- Charge time is only 3 hours
- Comes with (8) accessories, wrench, battery, and charger
What’s Not So Great?
- 4.8 volt battery – not as powerful as other 8 volt and 12 volt cordless dremel tools
- Battery runs out after about 20 minutes to half an hour of light use before you have to charge
- Bits that come with the tool are for grinding, sharpening, cleaning, polishing and sanding – if you want other bits for other functions, you’ll have to buy them
- Run on Nickel Cadmium batteries and not the longer life lithium ion batteries
- Only two speeds
What Else Do You Need To Use This Cordless Dremel Tool?
Common optional extras you may get with this cordless Dremel tool are the:
- Sanding Band – Dremel 432 1/2-Inch 120 Grit Sanding Bands, 6 Pack (on Amazon)
- All Purpose Dremel 160 Bit Kit – Dremel 710-08 All-Purpose Rotary Accessory Kit, 160-Piece (on Amazon)
Where Can I Check Out This Cordless Dremel Tool?
Dremel 7300 Minimite Cordless Buyer’s Guide
What is the Dremel 7300 Minimite?
A small, lightweight, 4.8 volt cordless Dremel rotary tool.
What is the Dremel 7300 Minimite designed for?
The Dremel 7300 Minimite is designed as a small and lightweight cordless Dremel tool.
It can be used with any Dremel bit with up to a 1/8 inch shank, making it versatile.
But, it should only be used for light tasks on soft and thin materials. It can be used for grooming nails – pet nails.
Who is the Dremel 7300 Minimite for?
- Those who want a lightweight, easy to handle, small cordless Dremel
- Those that want a Dremel tool designed for drilling, sanding, shaping, detailing and other light-duty jobs with a focus on precision and control
- Those that want a tool for trimming their dogs nails
- Those who are OK with using a bit changing wrench (comes with the tool) instead of the EZ Twist Nose Cap (tool-less bit changing) the Dremel 8220 has
Who is the Dremel 7300 Minimite not for?
- Those who want a larger cordless dremel tool like the Dremel 8220 for the heavier jobs
- Those who want a tool that comes with the widest range of bits in the initial purchase
- Those who want an electric Dremel
Dremel 7300 Minimite Kits
Two main kits:
- Dremel 7300-N/8 Kit with 8 accessories
- Dremel 7300-PT Kit for pet nail grooming with 5 sanding bands
Dremel 7300 Minimite Bits & Accessories
- Any Dremel accessories/bit you need to carry out the tasks you need to perform > an accessory kit might be good for you
Dremel 7300 Minimite Cordless Resources
“Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com Inc., or its affiliates”[/alert-announce]