The Dremel 7000 is the smallest tool in the cordless Dremel range.
For the affordable price, if you just want a super small and convenient rotary tool to perform light tasks around the house, it’s a worthwhile purchase.
Examples of tasks you might perform with it include cleaning, polishing, grinding, sharpening and sanding, or trimming the dogs nails.
As we note in this Dremel 7000 review, the 7000 is the only tool in the cordless range that runs on disposable AA alkaline batteries.
That can be a good or non-preferable thing for users.
The 7000 also comes in a pumpkin carving kit, apart from the standard N/5 kit, for halloween.
Let’s get into the Dremel 7000 review…
Dremel 7000 6 Volt Cordless Rotary Tool
View the Dremel 7000-PK on Amazon (Pumpkin Carving Kit)
Dremel 7000 Review
Dremel 7000-N/5 6-Volt Cordless Two-Speed Rotary Tool
The Dremel 7000-N/5 is tiny – which is great if you want an ultra precise and lightweight cordless dremel rotary tool.
What’s Good About It?
- Very cheap and affordable
- Very lightweight and precise
- You can really get into all the hard to reach places with this tool
- Two operating speeds – 6,500 and 13,000 RPM
- Can be used for cleaning, polishing, grinding, sharpening and sanding, or trimming the dogs nails.
What’s Not So Great?
- Less power than other cordless dremel rotary tools. It is rated at 6 volts – compared to the 8 volts of the Dremel 8050 and 12 volts of the Dremel 8220
- Takes AA alkaline batteries as opposed to the lithium ion batteries that the bigger model Dremel cordless tools do – so you’ll have to keep buying batteries
What Else Do You Need To Use This Cordless Dremel Tool?
One common optional extra you may get with this cordless Dremel tool is:
Where Can I Check Out This Cordless Dremel Tool?
Dremel 7000-PK 6-Volt Pumpkin Carving Kit
There is also a pumpkin carving kit of the Dremel 7000 kit – which comes with pumpkin carving bits.
Dremel 7000 Buyer’s Guide
What is the Dremel 7000?
A tiny 6 volt cordless Dremel rotary tool.
What is the Dremel 7000 designed for?
It was designed for drilling, sanding, shaping, detailing and other light-duty jobs.
It could also be used for grooming your pet’s nails.
Who is the Dremel 7000 for?
- Those looking for the smallest and lightest cordless dremel rotary tool
- Those looking to do cleaning, polishing, grinding, sharpening and sanding, or trimming the dogs nails
- Those who are OK with using a bit changing wrench (comes with the tool) instead of the EZ Twist Nose Cap (tool-less bit changing) the Dremel 8220 has
Who is the Dremel 7000 not for?
- Those looking for a cordless dremel that has the highest speed or battery voltage/power – it is rated at 6 volts and takes alkaline AA batteries as opposed to lithium re-chargeable batteries
- Those looking for an electric Dremel tool
Dremel 7000 Bits & Accessories
- Keyless chuck
- Dremel accessories kit for the different applications you want to use this tool for.
Dremel 7000 Resources
[alert-announce]”tooljuice.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com”
“Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com Inc., or its affiliates”[/alert-announce]