The Dremel 4000 is perhaps the most popular Dremel in the Dremel rotary tool range.
As far as the electric Dremel tools go, we do like the Dremel 4300 and Dremel 3000 as well (view comparison guide), but it’s hard to beat the Dremel 4000 when it comes to value for money.
As we point out in this Dremel 4000 rotary tool review, it’s hard to pick a fault in this tool.
We also like the fact that it is compatible with all Dremel accessories and attachments – making in as versatile as any rotary tool on the market.
It really would suit a beginner or a professional looking for a do-everything finishing tool.
Let’s look at it in greater detail …
(*Friendly Disclosure – links to retailers or brands on this page may include affiliate links, and we may receive a commission when you purchase through these links)
Dremel 4000 Rotary Tool Kits
- View the Dremel 4000-6/50 Kit Variable Speed Rotary Tool on Amazon
- View the Dremel 4000-4/34 Kit Variable Speed Rotary Tool on Amazon
Dremel 4000 Rotary Tool Review
The Dremel 4000 is a variable speed electric dremel rotary tool.
Depending on your intended use, this tool most likely gives most people best value for money among the electric rotary tools, along with the Dremel 4300 and Dremel 3000.
What’s Good About It?
- Compatible with all Dremel attachments and accessories
- 6 foot cord length
- Variable speed – from 5,000 to 35,000 RPM
- 1.6 Amp motor
- 120 volt motor
- Replaceable motor brushes
- EZ Twist Nose Cap Chuck System – Quick collet lock for fast accessory changes – the wrench mechanism is integrated in the nose cap of the tool so you don’t need a separate wrench or bit changing tools
6-50 Kit Includes –
- Kit includes the tool, a dremel carry case, 6 dremel attachments and 50 dremel accessories.
- Comes with 6 Dremel attachments – Flex Shaft Attachment, Circle Cutter/Straight Edge Guide, Sanding/Grinding Guide, Multipurpose Cutting Guide, Shield Attachment and Lawn Mower and Garden Tool Sharpening Attachment.
- Comes with 50 Dremel accessories/bits for carving, engraving, cutting, sharpening, grinding, cleaning, polishing, sanding and drilling
4-34 Kit Includes –
- Comes with 4 attachments and 34 accessories/bits.
- The attachments included are the Multipurpose Cutting Guide, Sanding/Grinding Guide, Circle Cutter/Straight Edge Guide and Detailer’s Grip.
- The bits included allow carving, engraving, cutting, grinding, sharpening, cleaning, polishing and sanding.
What’s Not So Great?
- 6 feet of electrical cord – you may want to use an extension cord if you want anything more than this to work with
What Else Do You Need To Use This Electric Dremel Tool?
Common optional extras with this electric dremel tool are:
- 160 Bit Dremel Accessory Kit – Dremel 710-08 All-Purpose Rotary Accessory Kit, 160-Piece (on Amazon)
- Rotary Tool Workstation – Dremel 220-01 Rotary Tool Work Station (on Amazon)
- Keyless Chuck – Dremel 4486 MultiPro Keyless Chuck (on Amazon)
Where Can I Check Out This Electric Dremel Tool?
Dremel 4000 Rotary Tool: Buyer’s Guide
What is the Dremel 4000?
A variable speed, electric Dremel tool.
What is the Dremel 4000 used for?
This tool can be used for any of the types of tasks that the compatible Dremel bits and attachments allow.
A Dremel tool is a finishing rotary tools intended for thinner and lighter materials – but, if you need a light works tool, the Dremel 4000 is incredibly versatile.
Who is the Dremel 4000 for?
Those looking for an electric Dremel tool that can perform drilling, grinding, sharpening, cutting, cleaning, polishing, sanding, routing, carving, engraving and more
Those looking for a high performance electric dremel tool without going for the Dremel 4200 or 4300
Those looking for a value for money electric Dremel tool
Who is the Dremel 4000 not for?
Those looking for a micro electric dremel rotary tool
Those looking for a cordless electric Dremel tool
Dremel 4000 Bits & Accessories
Any Dremel bits or attachments you need to carry out the tasks you want to perform
Dremel 4000 Rotary Tool Resources
Tooljuice.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, Tooljuice.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.