Dewalt is one of the more popular brands when it comes to cut out type tools.
As you will find in this Dewalt dw660 Review, the dw660 is a good option if you are looking to perform a range of cuts in a range of building materials.
You are able to do plunge cuts, freehand cuts, cut-outs & hole cuts in wood, drywall, sheet metal, laminate flooring, solid surface, plexiglass, granite, ceramic tile, cement board and more.
It also comes with 1/8 and 1/4 inch collets – allowing some versatility in different sized bits.
We should note, if you are looking for a rotary tool with versatility to do more than just cut, you can look at a Dremel tool, but you will sacrifice some power – going down to around 1 to 2 Amps from the 5.0 Amps this Dewalt provides.
Let’s check out this Dewalt dw660 Review in more detail…
Dewalt dw660 Cut Out Tool
Dewalt dw660 Review
- Cuts through drywall very easily
- Works for both plunge cutting and lateral cutting in drywall, tile, and plywood
- 5 Amp motor – lots of power
- 30,000 RPM speed
- Dust sealed switch
- Bump switch for easier and more convenient operation
- Lightweight – weighs only 3.2 lbs
- Spindle lock collet bit changing
- 10 inches long tool
- Comes with 1 drywall cutting bit
- Comes with 1/8 inch and 1/4 inch collets
What Could Be Improved?
- Only a single purpose tool – for cutting
- Not a variable speed tool
- Bit that comes with the tool is a bit cheap – buy some extra bits in case
What Else Would You Get With It?
- Bit Pack – Roto Zip SC4 1/8-Inch Zip Bit for Wood and Plastic, 4-Pack (on Amazon)
- Bit Pack – Roto Zip GP8 1/8-Inch Guide Point Drywall Cutting Zip Bit, 8-Pack (on Amazon)
Where To Check It Out?
Dewalt dw660 Buyer’s Guide
What is the Dewalt dw660?
A spiral saw type tool that takes a few different types of accessories and attachments.
It is designed for cutting building materials.
What is the Dewalt dw660 designed for?
The Dewalt dw660 is for both plunge cutting and lateral cutting in drywall, tile, and plywood + other building materials.
Who is the Dewalt dw660 for?
- DIY homeowners
- Those who want a cutting tool for drywall and other building materials
Who is the Dewalt dw660 not for?
- Those who want a tool for more than spiral cutting
Dewalt dw660 – Accessories
- Bit packs
- Eye and ear protection
Dewalt vs Rotozip Cut Out Tools Comparison
View full cut out tool comparison here – Dewalt vs Rotozip comparison.
Dewalt dw660 Resources