This is a super quick review and guide on the best hot knife foam cutter.
In our opinion, a good hot knife foam cutter is a much more stronger, reliable and better performing option than a handheld hot wire foam cutter.
Below we have listed and assessed the Nordstand hot knife, which is mostly designed for commercial and industrial use, but could be used at home too.
If you are looking at cutting harder foams and you want a reliable foam cutter, this one could be good for you.
Let’s look at it in more detail…
Best Hot Knife Foam Cutter
Norddstrand Hot Knife Cutter – View the 200W Nordstrand Pro Electric Hot Knife on Amazon
Best Hot Knife Foam Cutter: Reviews
200W Nordstrand Pro Electric Hot Knife Styrofoam Foam Cutter Tool
What’s Good About It?
- Designed for use on hard foams like Styrofoam, Polystyrene (PS), PUR rigid foam, Neopor, Polyurethanes and PU foam
- Suitable for home, commercial and industrial use
- Heats up quickly
- Can be used for architectural modelling, design and DIY projects
- Comes with power cable, cutter body, case, 5.9 inch and 7.8 inch blades
- Can cut straight or curved lines
- Gets as hot as 932F
What Could Be Improved?
- If using this knife for extended periods or at least consistently, you’ll need to take regular breaks as the knife gets very hot
What Else Would You Get With It?
Where To Check It Out?
Best Hot Knife Foam Cutter: Buyer’s Guide
What Is A Hot Knife Foam Cutter
A hot knife foam cutter is a handheld, electric tool that cuts foam in both straight lines, and shapes.
What Are Hot Knife Foam Cutters Used For
They are used to cut standard and hard foams like polystyrene and styrofoam.
They are designed for commercial and industrial use, but can be used for home as well.
Features & Things To Look For In Hot Knife Foam Cutters
Something to note about hot knives is that they are much stronger and higher quality than the handheld hot wire foam cutters.
If you are having issues with your handheld wire cutter breaking or not performing, you might try a hot knife foam cutter.
Best Hot Knife Foam Cutter: Resources