The Intex Challenger K2 Kayak is pretty close to the best value recreational inflatable 2 person kayak/canoe on the market.
We think it’s great for campers, light & recreational fishers, families, light paddlers, recreational paddlers and couples wanting an easy to use light, but slightly narrower canoe than the Explorer K2 (view full Challenger vs Explorer comparison here)
For the price, it is great value for money if you are realistic about what this canoe is, and what it’s designed for.
When we say that, is it going to control or handle rough rivers like a hard kayak? No. But, it certainly does what it’s designed for well.
In the buyer’s guide, you can find answers to common FAQ’s like weight limit, whether you can use it for fishing, and a comparison vs the Intex Challenger K2.
Let’s look further into the Intex Challenger K2 Kayak 2 Person Inflate Canoe Review below…
Intex Challenger K2 Kayak 2 Man Inflatable Canoe
Intex K2 Challenger Kayak 2 Man Inflatable Canoe Review
What’s Good About It?
- Very affordable – great value for money
- Designed for easy paddling
- Bright green color for high visibility
- Designed for use in lakes and mild rivers
- Will fit 2 adults
- Multiple air chambers
- Has carry nets
- Has a weight capacity of 400 pounds total
- Lightweight – all equipment and kayak weigh only around 35 lbs
- Easy to assemble – takes only 15 to 20 minutes to inflate put together
- Kayak dimensions are 30 x 15 x 138 inches (W x H x D) inflated
- Made with a vinyl construction main body, and I-beam floor for comfort and rigidity
- Has a removable skeg that provides directional stability
- Has adjustable inflatable low profile seats with backrests
- Has a Boston valve system for inflating and deflating
- Has a grab line at each end of the kayak
- Comes with a U.S. Coast Guard I.D., and a repair patch kit
- Accessories included are two 86 inches aluminum oars and an Intex high-output pump for easy inflation and deflation.
What Could Be Improved?
- You need to buy life vests separately
- You’ll need to buy glue for the repair patch separately if you use it
- Not a heavy duty kayak – really only meant for light paddling, and recreation type activities – but it works well for those activities – keep your expectations realistic
- Doesn’t handle or control like a hard kayak – but, you can still get to where you need to go
- Flat nose and tail – unlike the Explorer K2 which has turned up nose and tail
- Narrower than the Explorer K2
- No carry handles like the Explorer K2
What Else Would You Get With It?
- Adult Life Jacket – Stearns Adult Watersport Classic Series Vest (on Amazon)
- Youth Life Jacket – Stearns Youth Boating Vest, Youths 50-90 lbs (on Amazon)
- Childs Life Jacket – Stearns Child Classic Series Vest, Children 30-50 lbs (on Amazon)
Where To Check It Out?
Intex K2 Challenger Kayak 2 Man Inflatable Canoe: Buyer’s Guide
What Is The Intex Challenger K2 Kayak?
A 2 person inflatable and deflatable kayak/canoe.
What Is The Intex Challenger K2 Kayak Used For?
The kayak is designed for easy paddling on mild lakes, rivers and calm/flat open oceans/beaches.
It could also be used for light fishing.
Who Is The Intex Challenger K2 Kayak For?
- Casual and recreational kayak users
- Recreational and light fishermen and women
- Those looking to use a recreational kayak on mild lakes, rivers and mild open ocean/beaches
- Great for older or younger people
Who Is The Intex Challenger K2 Kayak Not For?
- Those looking for a heavy duty kayak
- Those looking for the steering and control that a hard kayak provides
- Those looking for a kayak to use in rougher and tougher waters
What Is The Intex Challenger K2 Kayak Weight Limit?
The maximum official weight limit is 2 people at 400 pounds total.
Can You Use The Intex Challenger K2 Kayak For Fishing?
The kayak is designed as ‘sporty and fun’, with ‘a streamlined design for easy paddling’.
Although it isn’t specifically used for fishing, there is no reason you couldn’t use it for light fishing – as long as you are cautious of sharp and rough objects penetrating the kayak material, and follow Intex’s instructions for general use of the kayak.
I Want To See The Intex Challenger K2 Kayak On YouTube…
You can check out Intex Challenger K2 Kayak videos on YouTube here.
Intex Explorer K2 vs Challenger K2
You can view an Intex Explorer K2 vs Challenger K2 comparison here, where we list similarities, differences and which might be better for you.
You can also read more in the Explorer K2 review.
Intex K2 Challenger Kayak 2 Man Inflatable Canoe: Resources