It’s common for people to ask the difference between the Intex Explorer K2 vs Challenger K2 kayaks.
We couldn’t find a short, t0-the-point guide, so we went and created one.
Below we’ve listed the main differences and similarities of the two kayaks, and also suggested which one might be better for you and why.
Note that the Challenger also comes in a K1 (1 person) model as well, so you may choose to explore that option as well.
Let’s get to this Intex Explorer K2 vs Challenger K2 comparison…
Intex Explorer K2 vs Challenger K2: Kayak Comparison
Intex Explorer K2 vs Intex Challenger K2 – Which Is Better For You?
You would get the Intex Explorer K2 IF
- You want a yellow, wider, slightly more comfortable kayak with upturned ends that stick up out of the water more, and has carry handles
You would get the Intex Challenger K2 IF
- You want a green color, longer, narrower kayak with a cargo net, flat head and tail ends, and a higher stated weight capacity
Intex Explorer K2 vs Intex Challenger K2 – Differences
- Weight Capacity – Explorer weight capacity is 350 lbs, while the Challenger weight capacity is 400 lbs
- Nose and Tail – Explorer has upturned nose and tail, whilst the Challenger has a flat nose and tail
- Colour – Explorer is yellow, whilst the Challenger is green
- Cargo Net – Explorer has no safety net, whilst the Challenger does have a safety net for extra storage
- Carry Handles – Explorer has carry handles, whilst the Challenger doesn’t
- Dimensions – Explorer dimensions are 123 x 36 x 20 inches, whilst the Challenger dimensions are 138 x 30 x 15 inches – Challenger is longer, but you might feel less cramped in the Explorer as its a bit wider
- Seats – Explorer has high backed seats, while the Challenger has lower profile seats
- Kayak Models Available – Explorer comes with only 2 person model available, whilst Challenger comes with both 2 (K2) and 1 (K1) person models available
- Weight – Explorer weighs roughly 31.13 lb inflated, whilst the Challenger weighs roughly 33.57 lbs
Intex Explorer K2 vs Intex Challenger K2 – Similarities
- Material Gauge – Material gauge for both kayaks is 30
- Number of people – Both kayaks fit two people
- Inclusions – Both comes with 86 in. Aluminum Oars, Hi-Output Manual Hand Pump and Repair Patch
- Boston Valves – Both have a 2 valve Boston valve system
- Design – Both are designed for recreational activity, and have similar multi air chamber, I beam floor designs
Intex Explorer K2 Kayak 2 Man Inflatable Canoe Review
You can read the Intex Explorer K2 Kayak review here.
Intex Challenger K2 Kayak 2 Man Inflatable Canoe Review
Read more in the Challenger K2 Kayak review.
Intex Explorer K2 vs Challenger K2 Kayak Comparison: Resources